I have looked at many websites, articles and blogs offering advice on how a Virtual Assistant can help your business. It’s true, hiring a Virtual Assistant can help your business but what about someone who doesn’t own a business?
Our lives are becoming a lot busier and we often hire other people to do tasks we don’t have time to do or don’t want to do. Cleaning, cooking, washing the car, gardening, walking the dog.
If we can hire people to do these jobs for us, surely there are other jobs we can hand over to someone else too?
These are just a few tasks a Virtual Assistant can help you with: –
- Christmas Cards – do you have long list of Christmas cards to write but don’t feel like writing them or just don’t have them time?
- Change of address letters – many of us have moved house at least once in our lives and remembering to change your address while chasing solicitors and estate agents to do their thing, on top of packing and arranging a removal company is a complete nightmare. (Trust me, I know how stressful it is! I’ve moved about six times since I was eighteen.)
- Filing correspondence – do you get bills/correspondence through the post, you open them, skim through them and then they sit on the side? Before you know it, the pile has grown. Sorting and filing them can take a few hours and let’s be honest, it is a bore.
- General research – do you need help to organise a dinner out for a large party, to arrange a family afternoon tea, find venues, home / contents / car insurance comparison, look for a gift for someone?
- Thank you cards – did you just have a wedding or a party and have a long list of people to thank for their attendance / gifts? Handwritten cards are so nice to receive.
- Concierge services – do you have parcels that need collection from the Post Office, are you an eBay seller and have lots of items that need posting or an outfit that needs collection from the dry cleaners?
I’m sure you can think of other things you would rather not do or don’t have time to do.
Why not hire a Virtual Assistant to help? You might be pleasantly surprised…